Wednesday, October 3, 2012

costume love { diy elephant costume }

My mind is always whirling with costume ideas this time of year.
I don't usually get dressed up but it sure is fun to get the boys all fancied up.
I love the idea of a handmade/diy costume because then you can be sure that it is one of a kind!
You don't even have to spend hours sewing or be dramatically creative to make a Halloween costume, either!

Over the next couple weeks, I'm going to share with you a few diy costume ideas that I put together.
They are all so easy and some even use things that you might already have lying around the house.
So, if you are struggling for an idea this year, I hope that I might give you some inspiration!

{DIY Elephant Costume}

Elephant's are so popular among kids, kid fashion, and kid decor.
This costume idea is for your little elephant lover...


Elephant hat : Curtsay Designs
Ruched leggings : Art & Soul
Ruffled skirt and polka dot leggings : Zulily
(I found these on Pinterest.com, and unfortunately they aren't listed on Zulily currently)
Ruffle leg warmers : Tutu & Lulu


Keep it simple with a fun elephant hat and some ruched/ruffled leggings or leg warmers which give your little one that "saggy-baggy" elephant skin! Add in a simple grey onesie or t-shirt, and you're done! Don't have anything in grey? What color leg warmers do you have? Work with the colors you have, maybe your elephant could be non-traditionally pink or blue or green or sparkly!

The trick is to make a little, and also use a little of what you already have.
You can make it work!

1 comment :

  1. eee that little hat is too cute! I love a homemade costume too.

    ReplyDelete