Tuesday, July 24, 2012

inspiration

I have always envied how artists, designers, photographers, etc., seem to be so good at finding creative inspiration from anything in the world around them. For example, I had a dance choreographer in college who found inspiration for a dance from the instruction manual that she used to put together a desk. Yes, that's right...a desk.

For some reason, I just can't find any inspiration of my own. Maybe it's because I have been really tired lately and we've been passing a sickness around our house for weeks now...Maybe it's because we have been enjoying spending more time together as a family this summer...I don't know what it is, but I can't seem to get my creative juices flowing again.

Other than fulfilling orders from my shop, I hadn't done very much crocheting in months. Any other type of crafting has been almost non-existent. When we got home from our trip to Utah, I got an urge to finally crochet something, feeling inspired by the lovely candy apple shade of red from this yarn...


...but the result just wasn't quite what I was hoping.

So, now I'm on a mission.
A mission to find my creativity.
I'm determined to find something new that inspires me.
I'm ready to start creating things again.
I'll let you know how it goes.



...How do you stay inspired?...

1 comment :

  1. I've had the same problem lately. Part of me thinks that just what happens when you have a baby in your life, but part of me thinks that just like our lives go in cycles, so does our creative juices. Sometimes, they're high, some times they're low. I've also decided there is no shame in taking someone else's idea and putting my own spin on it. I think it also helps to get together with other people and craft together. On a totally unrelated note, I'd be willing to try and get our juices flowing together sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete